Why would you choose Green Nutritionals’ Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina over some other spirulina product? Read our Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina review to find out!
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that grows in both salt and freshwater. It is often referred to as a “superfood” because of its high nutritional content. Spirulina is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and is a popular dietary supplement. It has been consumed by humans for centuries and was even used by the Aztecs as a source of nutrition. Spirulina is available in both powder and tablet form and is commonly used as a dietary supplement for its health benefits.
Spirulina is Good for You
There is a significant body of research examining the potential health benefits of spirulina, according to credible scientific studies. Some of the key areas of study include its effects on immune function, lipid metabolism, and blood glucose levels.
Here are some peer-reviewed sources that discuss the potential benefits of spirulina:
- Belay, A. (2002). The potential application of Spirulina (Arthrospira) as a nutritional and therapeutic supplement in health management. Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association, 5(2), 27-48.
- Deng, R., & Chow, T. J. (2010). Hypolipidemic, antioxidant and antiinflammatory activities of microalgae Spirulina. Cardiovascular therapeutics, 28(4), e33-e45.
- Farooq, M. A., & Aslam, M. S. (2018). Spirulina as a functional food: an overview. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 42(6), e13624.
- Salama, M., El-Sheekh, M., & El-Shenody, R. (2017). Potential use of Spirulina platensis as a dietary supplement for controlling type 2 diabetes and improving insulin sensitivity. Journal of medicinal food, 20(1), 22-28.
These studies, and the wealth of anecdotal evidence surrounding spirulina, make it clear that spirulina is an excellent health supplement. Think of it as your natural multivitamin, mineral, and protein booster.
This is why Hawaiian Spirulina is better
Hawaiian Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that is grown and harvested in Hawaii. It is considered a high-quality spirulina supplement due to its nutrient density and purity. Hawaiian Spirulina is cultivated in open ponds using pure, deep seawater from a depth of 2000 feet, as well as natural sunlight and fresh air. This allows the algae to grow in a natural and nutrient-rich environment, resulting in a more concentrated and potent form of spirulina.
Compared to other types of spirulina, Hawaiian Spirulina contains higher levels of key nutrients, such as protein, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It is also known for its unique phycocyanin content, which is a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. Additionally, Hawaiian Spirulina is free from contaminants and toxins, as it is grown and harvested in a controlled environment that is regularly tested for purity and quality.
The preferred Spirulina
Thus, Hawaiian Spirulina is a preferred choice for those seeking a high-quality and nutrient-dense spirulina supplement. Its unique cultivation methods and natural environment result in a potent and pure form of spirulina that is rich in key nutrients and beneficial compounds.
What a Good Spirulina Supplement should Have
Once you decide to include spirulina in your daily diet, it is time to understand the most effective way to get the most benefit from your supplement. Here’s what a good spirulina supplement must have:
- High-quality sourcing: Look for a brand that uses high-quality spirulina sourced from reputable and trusted suppliers.
- Purity: Make sure the spirulina supplement is free from harmful contaminants, including heavy metals and microcystins.
- Dosage: Look for a supplement that provides an effective dosage of spirulina per serving, typically around 1-3 grams per day.
- Form: Spirulina supplements come in various forms, including powder, tablets, and capsules. Choose a form that is convenient for you and easy to consume.
- Additives: Avoid supplements that contain unnecessary fillers, additives, and artificial ingredients.
- Certification: Look for a supplement that has been certified by a third-party organization for quality, purity, and potency.
- Reviews: Read reviews and feedback from other customers to see their experience with the product.
By considering these factors, you can select a high-quality spirulina supplement that will provide you with its potential benefits. This is where Green Nutritionals Hawaiian Spirulina comes in: it ticks all the boxes!
Green Nutritionals’ Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina is 98.5% Pure
There’s not much to say about the ingredient list in Green Nutritionals Hawaiian Spirulina, because it is basically just pure Hawaiian spirulina. The entire ingredients list is: Hawaiian Spirulina (Arthrospira platensis 98.5%), Silica (1%), Chicory Inulin (0.4%), Vegetable Magnesium Stearate (0.1%).
Green Nutritionals Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina ingredients:
- Hawaiian Spirulina (Arthrospira platensis 98.5%): The main ingredient in Green Nutritionals Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina is Hawaiian Spirulina, a blue-green algae that is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Spirulina is known to support immune function, improve digestion, and increase energy levels. Hawaiian Spirulina is particularly desirable due to its location in the pristine waters off the Kona Coast of Hawaii, which provides optimal growing conditions and ensures that the product is free from contaminants.
- Silica (1%): Silica is a naturally occurring mineral that is added to the supplement as an anti-caking agent to prevent clumping and ensure uniformity of the powder.
- Chicory Inulin (0.4%): Chicory inulin is a soluble fiber that is extracted from the root of the chicory plant. It is added to the supplement to support digestive health and promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria.
- Vegetable Magnesium Stearate (0.1%): Magnesium stearate is a common excipient that is added to supplements to improve the flow of powder during the manufacturing process. Green Nutritionals uses vegetable-based magnesium stearate, which is derived from plant sources, rather than the more commonly used animal-derived sources.
About Green Nutritionals
Green Nutritionals, now part of the Martin & Pleasance health products empire, is a health supplement company based in Australia that specializes in producing premium quality, natural, and organic supplements. They are committed to providing their customers with the highest quality products made from the finest natural ingredients. Their products are formulated based on the latest scientific research and are designed to support optimal health and well-being.
Green Nutritionals produces a range of supplements that includes spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass, and barley grass. These supplements are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients that are essential for maintaining good health. They also offer a range of marine supplements, including krill oil, fish oil, and green-lipped mussel extract, which are all sourced from sustainable and ethical suppliers.
Green Nutritionals is a family-owned business that has been operating for over 20 years. They are committed to sustainable and ethical practices, and their supplements are manufactured in a GMP-certified facility to ensure the highest quality and purity. They also use eco-friendly packaging and shipping materials to reduce their environmental impact.
Green Nutritionals Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina Review Verdict: Its good!
Green Nutritionals Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina is a premium quality spirulina supplement that is highly regarded in the world of nutrition. This product is made using pure Hawaiian Spirulina (Arthrospira platensis 98.5%), which is renowned for its exceptional nutrient density and purity. It is also grown in a pristine, remote location with abundant sunlight and mineral-rich seawater, which further enhances its nutritional value.
Why the other 1.5% (non-spirulina ingredients) are added
The inclusion of Silica (1%) in this product is aimed at improving the absorption of the nutrients in the spirulina. Silica is a trace mineral that is essential for the formation of healthy connective tissue, including skin, hair, and nails. It is also known to aid in the absorption of other minerals, such as calcium and magnesium. The addition of Chicory Inulin (0.4%) is another key feature of this supplement. Inulin is a prebiotic fibre that acts as a food source for beneficial gut bacteria. This helps to promote a healthy gut microbiome, which is essential for overall health and wellbeing. Finally, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate (0.1%) is added as a natural lubricant to prevent the spirulina from sticking together and to ensure easy consumption.